[BGIN-general] BGIN Social Media planning doc (draft) & Twitter logo for review & comment

Robert Schwentker schwentker at bsafe.network
Tue Sep 22 20:35:47 CDT 2020

Hi all,

 1) Here is a draft social media planning document for discussion. It
focuses on use of Twitter & LinkedIn, goals, content and next steps. Please
feel free to comment/edit inside the document itself:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A-KJgtC6Kl4oDgKkwbaEtwm5zEW6a_DHnNkJqunupq0/edit?usp=sharing

 2) I've mocked up a logo for Twitter we could use to get started
https://twitter.com/bgin_global. You may recognize the design source. I
picked this as it is recognizable, fun spirited, and can be evolved to move
away from the current colors and concept. This logo is based upon a
sculpture created by an artist named Robert Indiana - the famous Love
sculpture - wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(sculpture)

[image: love-sculpture.jpg]

*What do you think about this for an initial Twitter logo?*

[image: bgin-twitter-logo-1.jpg]

Here's how it renders on Twitter test account twitter.com/BginGlobal

[image: image.png]

   - If it is ok, I will have the logo tweaked a bit, and get a black and
   white version as well.
   - If we go ahead with this I may suggest we prepare a new twitter logo
   for the new year (2021). It could be a similar arrangement of letters but a
   different color scheme.
   - Also each Twitter profile has a 1500 x 500 profile image. One idea for
   this is to have the BGIN initials represented in different languages:
   Hindi, Katakana, etc. Every couple of months we could add to the image as
   members join from countries which have languages not represented.
   - I suggest we discuss making a black and white version of the logo to
   use on the website & LinkedIn.
   - At the very least until such time as there is an official logo, this
   Twitter logo could be used as the BGIN website's favicon.

Your feedback and ideas are welcome.

--Robert

Robert Schwentker | BSafe Network | Evangelism