[BGIN-general] BGIN Meetings Block #1 (virtual Mumbai, India) and Block #2

Shin'ichiro Matsuo Shinichiro.Matsuo at georgetown.edu
Thu Sep 10 14:46:08 CDT 2020

Hi all,

As presented before, BGIN is planning to hold a general meeting 3 or 4 times per year. Under the current circumstance, the meeting should be held online; however, it is essential to include diversified local context into our global discussions. Hence, let us designate the host city/nation even if a meeting is held virtually.

I’m pleased to announce that the first meeting (Block #1) will be virtually hosted at Mumbai, India. We will form the organizing committee. If you would like to contribute to organizing the first meeting of BGIN, please feel free to let me know. The virtual meeting date is not decided and subject to discussion at the committee, but it may be in the latter half of November. We need to avoid schedule conflicts with other relevant events. Please let me know the date of such events.

As for the 2nd meeting (Block #2), there is an idea to hold it virtually right after the Financial Cryptography 2021 (March 1-5, 2021). I’m now planning to propose a workshop at Financial Cryptography 2021, named CoDeFi as same as this year. I will post another email to discuss on block #2.

As for the future meetings, we will make a call for the host city/nation.

Please feel free to share your opinion at this mail thread.

Regards,
Shin'ichiro Matsuo, Ph.D.
Research Professor, Department of Computer Science, Georgetown University
Cyber SMART Director, and Lead Researcher, Blockchain Eco-System