[BGIN-announcement] Welcome and Status Update on BGIN

Announcement from BGIN bgin-announcement at blockchain-discussions.org
Thu Apr 30 08:39:31 CDT 2020

Dear contributors,

Thank you for joining BGIN!
I am Ryosuke Ushida, a senior fellow at Georgetown University and an
assistant to co-chairs.

This announcement mailing list aims to circulate general information such
as the status sharing of ongoing projects, online-meeting info, call for
proposals, etc.
In this email, I would like to share fundamental information that
familiarizes you with the BGIN and helps you contribute to the discussion
smoothly.

*<BGIN Github repository and official website>*
- You can access all finalized/work-in-progress documents of BGIN and join
the discussion at our Github repository
<https://github.com/bgin-global/genesis-documents>.
- We are constructing our official website here <https://bgin-global.org/>,
let you know once ready.

*<Discussion mailing list>*
- Apart from this mailing list, we will set up another mailing list for the
discussion on whatever topics (i.e. you can freely post your idea,
proposals, etc.).
- Please register for both to get the latest info (this mailing list) and
join the debate (Discussion mailing list).

*<Governance working group>*
- One of the ongoing projects is the Governance working group to discuss
the governance of BGIN itself (Organization, fundraising, IPR, etc.)
- The acting co-chairs (Aaron Wright, Shigeya Suzuki) will set up a mailing
list and circulate the initial draft ToR.

*<Identity/Privacy/Key management study group>*
- Another project is a study group to discuss identity/Privacy/Key
management issues, one of the most important discussion topics in the
decentralized financial system.
- The acting co-chair (Nat Sakimura, Katharina Pistor) will create a
mailing list and share the initial draft ToR.

*<Online meeting>*
- We are working to organize an online meeting between May-June to have a
discussion on the bootstrapping strategy and the initial draft ToR of the
WG and SG.

I will let you know further details about the respective topics down the
line.
Please feel free to contact us <bgin-contact at bgin.team> if any.

Best regards,
Ryosuke

*Ryosuke UshidaAssistant to co-chairs, BGIN*

*Senior Fellow, Cyber SMART, Georgetown University*
*Deputy Director, Fintech Office, Japan Financial Services Agency*